SMART Tuition FAQ
For a list of FAQ regarding SMART Tuition, please click HERE.
FINANCIAL QUICK FACTS
Billing - Quick Facts
- Statements are sent home each month from SMART tuition. You may choose to receive your statement by mail or e-mail.
- Payments are due on the first of each month.
- A grace period until the 10th of each month is allowed.
- After the 10th of each month, a late charge of $25 will be due.
- The first payment is due on August 1 and the final billing is due in May. Accounts must be cleared by May 10, or a $100 late charge will be applied to your child's account.
- Returned checks are subject to a $25 charge for each occurrence, in addition to the $25 late fee if payment is paid after the 10th of the month.
Books - Quick Facts
- Book fees are included in the cost of your child's tuition.
- In the event of a lost or damaged rental book, the parent will be billed the full cost of the book in addition to the rental fee.
- In the event of a lost consumable book, the parent will be billed the full cost of a replacement book.
Delinquent Accounts - Quick Facts
- Timely payments are required to help the school meet its monthly operating costs.
- If your account is delinquent 30 days, your child will be required to stay out of school until the account is made current.
- You will have 10 days from the date of withdrawal to bring your account current, or your child will not be allowed to return to Faith Baptist Schools. At that time, collection procedures will be initiated.
- Accounts that are not cleared by May 11 will be charged a $100 late fee.
- Students will not be allowed to take their second semester final exams until their account is paid in full.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: When do payments begin?
A: The first payment is due August 1. Thereafter, all fees and payments are due on the first of each month, late after the tenth. The last payment is due May 1, except for any miscellaneous charges for the remainder of the school year.
Q: When are payments due?
A: Tuition payments and all other fees are due on the first of each month.
Q: Is there a late fee for late payments?
A: After the tenth of the month, a late charge of $25 per family will be added to your bill.
Q: What if my account is more than 30 days past due?
A: If your account is delinquent 30 days, with the exception of May, your child will be required to stay out of school until the account is made current. You will have 10 days from the date of withdrawal to bring your account current, or your child will not be allowed to return to Faith Baptist. At that time, collection procedures will be initiated.
Q: I didn't receive a statement in the mail or by e-mail this month. Does this mean I don't owe anything this month?
A: No. Unless you pay for your tuition in full by August 1, all families must pay each month. Whether you receive a statement or not, you are still responsible for making sure your tuition is paid by the first of each month.
Q: Why haven't I received my child's report card?
A: All accounts must be up-to-date before a report card will be sent home during the school year. Students in grades 6-12 with an outstanding balance on their school account will be not be allowed to take their 1st and/or 2nd semester finals until their account is made current.
Q: My child already has some of the books needed for the school year. Do we get a discount on tuition?
A: Faith Baptist has budgeted the tuition for each child so that, whether you use the books or the activities included in the tuition cost, it is one flate rate. Unless you pay in full by August 1 to receive a 2% discount on your child's tuition, we will not be able to pro-rate any tuition fees.
Q: Why is there a daycare charge on my statement?
A: Before- and after-school daycare is included in the annual tuition, however, because of our conditional use permit we must charge $10 for every five minutes to any students staying past 6:00 P.M. A child who is repeatedly left in Day Care past 6:00 P.M. will lose his Day Care privilege.
Q: Is financial aid available?
A: Financial assistance is available to families who qualify. For more information, click here.