Faith Baptist Contender Qualities
Although Faith Baptist Schools’ Christian philosophy is embedded into our curriculum, its academic scope and sequence is fully aligned with California State Content Standards. Faith Baptist’s Contender Qualities state the knowledge, proficiencies, and appreciation for education students should possess upon graduation from Faith Baptist Schools. Faith Baptist graduates should be:
1. Spiritually-minded individuals who:
- Trust Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
- Accept the Bible as the Word of God and as a sure source of wisdom and instruction.
- Learn how to pray.
- Apply Biblical values to fundamental academic disciplines and to everyday life.
2. Academically capable individuals who:
- Seek to achieve above average skills in reading, writing, and arithmetic.
- Develop self-discipline and sound study habits.
- Utilize technological resources effectively and appropriately.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to continuing education.
3. Physically sound individuals who:
- Respect their body as a gift from God.
- Understand their body’s systems and functions.
- Achieve age appropriate physical fitness standards.
- Choose to honor God with a pure and wholesome lifestyle.
- Determine not to abuse their body.
4. Socially developed individuals who:
- Recognize their patriotic responsibilities, including respect for law and properly constituted authority.
- Seek wholesome, Christ-honoring relationships.
- Value humility, honesty, integrity, empathy, and perseverance.
- Work effectively in a team.